Does this sound too good to be true? We assure you it is possible. We have done it and so can you. Read on to find out more.
Not having time to make money on the side is something we hear all the time. When we first started, we often said the same things to ourselves. Until one day, our mentors said to us “that is an excuse. Your body and mind fights hard against change”.
“But we work long hours. We barely have any time to do stuff we want once we reach home, let alone spend time making money on the side.”
“Well look. Why don’t you tell me what you do when you are waiting for your bosses to review your work? When you have some downtime at work? When you are waiting for your bus to arrive? When you are waiting in line at the shopping mall? What do you do with all those time? “
“We are not sure to be honest.”
“What if you spent just a fraction of this time trying to make money on the side. You may not build an empire, but you sure as hell can at least get started.”
There are pockets of time we waste every single day. If you can channel just a fraction of that time towards making money online … imagine the possibilities.
1. No investment required. Being new to making money online and not having any capital to spend meant that our options were limited. Thus, surveys and sweepstakes were perfect in this regard. Pro tip: always avoid those that require any form of payment to participate.
2. Can be done anywhere, even on the go. Whether it is at work, at home, on the bus or even at the beach, as long as you have your phone and can access the web you can start making money. Does that sound too good to be true?
3. Requires short periods of time. Surveys and sweepstakes do not take hours to complete. They only require small pockets of time to finish. Thus, it would be perfect for filling up any spare pockets of time whenever they arise.
Here is our typical daily schedule when we were making money through this method (we have moved onto other areas since). The time in brackets denote the hours we spent completing surveys.
1. While traveling to work (1 hour)
2. Lunch (1 hour. We eat at our desk)
3. Downtime at work (1 to 2 hours, spread across the entire day)
4. While traveling home (1 hour)
While the amounts we make vary, we have made between $50 to $200 each month and the best prize we have won is an iPhone. While this may not sound like much, you need to realize this is *spare* time we are using that would otherwise be wasted. Not our leisure time. Notice in the schedule above we did not include any time when we reach home after work?
Over the years we have shared this with people and more often than not, we encounter numerous objections. So why don’t we lay them out here. There is certainly no right or wrong. Just a matter of perspective.
1. BUT THAT IS SO LITTLE MONEY! IT IS NOT WORTH MY TIME!
And so it is better spending your time on Netflix, facebook, Twitter etc?
2. BUT I DONT WANT TO CRAM MY SCHEDULE WITH SO MANY ACTIVITIES.
What if I told you that you could make money doing what you are already doing? You can even earn money without additional effort on your part. Check out browser addons.
3. BUT PEOPLE SAY SWEEPSTAKES AND TOLUNA ETC ARE SCAMS.
We feel that this is an issue with expectations. People find that they can’t make mad money doing surveys / sweepstakes and thus label them as scams. Surveys and sweepstakes are never meant to make you rich or to replace your day job. If you go down this path thinking you would make bank, you are going to be sorely disappointed. They are there to supplement your income and any website that claims otherwise is lying. The right mindset to adopt is that there would always be trade offs. Surveys and sweepstakes give you flexibility and consequently, you receive commensurate rewards.
So what are you waiting for? Starting searching for surveys and sweepstakes today! Or if you have any objections, do list them in the comments section and we have share our thoughts!